All of our holiday cottages are fitted out with standard equipment for normal everyday Scottish self-catering. However, for reference you can expect to find items such as the following:
- Sets of crockery: dinner plates, bowls, side plates, cups, saucers, mugs, milk jug, sugar bowl, teapot, salt and pepper
- Sets of cutlery: knives, forks, spoons, serving spoons and teaspoons
- Sets of glasses: wine glasses and tumblers
- Cooking equipment: saucepans, frying pan, casserole dish(es), baking sheet, serving dish, bowl(s), colander, sieve, wooden spoon(s), spatula, potato peeler, potato masher, kitchen knife(s), bread knife, tin opener, bottle opener, ladle, measuring jug, chopping board(s), oven glove, scissors and grater
- Miscellaneous items: food storage containers, fruit bowl, vegetable rack and mats.
Please note that not every owner will provide the exact same equipment at all times so if there is anything on this list that would affect the enjoyment of your holiday if it was not available, it may be worth bringing along your own.
What to Bring
To ensure that your self catering holidays are a success, we have drawn up a list of additional things you might want to bring with you to Scotland:
Domestic Items to Bring or Buy
- Bed linen and towels (if applicable)
- Toilet roll
- Dish towel(s)
- Washing up liquid
- Washing powder
- Clothes pegs
- Washing up cloth
- Kitchen towel.
Useful Items to Remember
- Booking confirmation and details of how to get there
- Map of the area and guide books
- Anti-insect cream/lotion
- A torch
- Face cloths/sponges
- Antiseptic cream/lotion
- Adhesive plasters
- Sun tan lotion - yes, you can burn even in Scotland!
- Sun hats
- Wet weather gear, especially footwear
- Picnic items
- Babywipes or similar - for dirty hands before alfresco lunches
- Collapsible chairs
- Holiday reading
- Outdoor items - balls, tennis or badminton sets, frisbees, etc
- Beach towels
- Sports gear - golf clubs, tennis rackets, swimsuits, etc
- Packs of cards/games
- Travel alarm clock
- Needle and thread.
.....and don't forget your toothbrush!